The need to sell your home in a time crunch can be intimidating and stress-inducing, but with the right preparation, it doesn’t have to be.
Whether you’re currently trying to sell your home or preparing to sell in the future, we’re sharing five tips for selling your Missouri home in a pinch.
Clean and Declutter
Potential buyers need to be able to envision themselves living in the space and that will be impossible to do if your home is dirty and cluttered. To make a quick sell, start by freshening up the interior spaces. Here is a small checklist of tasks you shouldn’t overlook:
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors
- Clean the carpets
- Wipe down all surfaces
- Dust blinds, ceiling fans, lighting fixtures, etc.
- Scrub small details such as baseboards and doors
- Remove personal items and unnecessary clutter
- Add an air freshener with a clean scent
Price It Right
If you need to sell your home in a pinch, pricing it correctly could make all the difference. Figuring out the best time to sell and the home value in your area is key to determining an appropriate price. Even if it needs repairs, buyers will be more interested if the price is right.
Handle Any Quick Repairs
You probably don’t have time to do any major renovations in your house before selling, but taking care of quick repairs is something you should consider. Here are a few examples of small upgrades that make a big difference:
- Patch up holes in the walls or spots where paint is peeling
- Fix loose floorboards or tiles
- Repair broken or loose door handles
- Tighten leaky faucets or other plumbing
- Install new hardware on kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Swap out outdated light fixtures
Stage and Enhance Curb Appeal
Staging might feel like a superfluous task when you’re pressed for time, but it shouldn’t be overlooked. According to Homelight, staging a home can help it sell up to a week faster. Fortunately, staging doesn’t have to be difficult or take up a lot of your precious time. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Put the most effort into the main areas of the home, such as the family room and kitchen
- De-personalize and de-clutter
- Add fresh flowers or plants
- Open up all blinds and turn on light fixtures
- Rearrange furniture to maximize the space and make it look bigger
- Mow and weed the lawn
- Spray down the porch and walkways
Our final tip is to be flexible. Selling quickly means setting up showings around buyers’ schedules, even if they aren’t always convenient. Hastily sell your house calls for flexibility and understanding.
Make a Quick Sale With East West Properties
If you’re looking to sell your home in Missouri in a pinch, East West Properties is here for you. We buy houses in Kansas City, Missouri, and would love to work with you regardless of price or condition. Contact us to get your fair, all-cash offer today!