Many homeowners hesitate to take an alternative route when putting their house up for sale, but selling your home without a realtor is attainable.
There are no rules requiring you to utilize a real estate agent when selling your home, and going another direction might end up being the most profitable choice. If you’re not sure where to get started, keep reading for our best strategies to selling without a realtor.
Why You Might Not Want to Work with a Real Estate Agent
Although working with a real estate agent is the most popular choice among homeowners, there are several reasons why you might want to employ another method when selling your home.
- Real estate agents are expensive – Perhaps the most common reason homeowners choose to forgo hiring an agent is to save on realtor fees and commissions. On average, the real estate commission in Missouri is 5.92 percent, which is .42 higher than the national average.
- It’s a seller’s market – For several years, many homeowners had a difficult time getting their homes off the market due to the housing bubble of 2008. The tide has since shifted, and the market is now heavily sitting in the seller’s favor.
- You can do your own research – Today, there are so many resources available at your fingertips that selling without an agent has never been easier. There are innumerable resources, such as the Multiple Listing Service, to help you price, list, and sell your home.
Alternate Routes You Can Take
According to the National Association of Realtors, only about ten percent of sellers sold their homes without an agent in 2020. Just because this is the road less traveled doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Here are a few alternate paths you can take:
- Sell to a cash buyer
- For Sale by Owner (FSBO)
- Sell to someone you know personally by using a real estate attorney
- Sell to a developer
- Sell at an auction
Tips for Selling Your Home Without a Realtor
If you’re ready to begin the selling process sans a realtor, here are some of our best tips and tricks to help you succeed:
- Set a realistic price based on your home’s accurate worth
- Prep your home for sale by taking the time to clean, stage, depersonalize, and declutter each room
- Hire a photographer to portray your home in the most flattering light
- When you list, offer a detailed description of your home that will reveal its most attractive features
- Advertise on multiple platforms
- Stay on top of communication and inquiries
Sell Your Home Quickly with East West Properties
Selling your home without a realtor has never been easier than working with East West Properties. We’ll make you a fair, all-cash offer to buy your house exactly the way it is without any fees, repairs, or obligations. We pride ourselves in helping people make a quick sale of their homes so that you can get back to doing what you’d rather do with your time.
We buy houses in Kansas City, Missouri, and would love to work with you! Contact us to get your fair, all-cash offer today!